Black Moth CD

A place for Doghouse related posts.
Stoom
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Black Moth CD

Post by Stoom »

I just added a CD to my CDPedia; Black Moth - The Killing Jar. I scanned the CD in my drive and I noticed that the entry was give a Doghouse ID of 67198 and artwork for Siouxsie & The Banshees - The Killing Jar. So I changed the artwork, filled in some fields and and contributed it to Doghouse. I went and looked on the Doghouse website bit there was no listing for Black Moth - The Killing Jar but there was one for the Siouxsie & The Banshees album.

Has something gone wrong?
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Black Moth CD

Post by Conor »

To update existing information please use the "Mirror" command instead of the "Contribute". The contribute command will add information to an existing entry or create a new entry if the album does not yet exists. In this case it seems the disc ID for "Black Moth - The Killing Jar" and "Siouxsie & The Banshees - The Killing Jar" is both the same or there was a mix up by another user. So to fix it the ideal would be to "mirror" your correct information.

To have the mirror command you need to sign up as a moderator. Visit the following page (also available as a link from under Doghouse->Setting -> Sign up as Moderator) and add your Doghouse user name and an email address. (Soon it will be easier to add an email from within the program, now that Doghouse is so popular, and the extra step will not be necessary). After singing up simply open then "Doghouse->Setting" window and tap login to confirm the moderator status, you will then be able to "mirror" (fix) mistakes in entries.

Do please mirror your data for "Black Moth" and I will then go in and add "Siouxsie & The Banshees - The Killing Jar" as a new entry (If I try to do it now it will match on title and artist to the current entry).

Thank you so much for helping us fix all the little mistakes that make it into the Doghouse, we do truly appreciate it. Hence why we are now working to make moderator easy, so that anybody can fix a quick mistake.
Stoom
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Re: Black Moth CD

Post by Stoom »

I have just done this. Sorry it took so long, I have been away.