Web Site Navigation

A place for Doghouse related posts.
FineWine
Site Admin

Web Site Navigation

Post by FineWine »

Hi Conor - When you are in the Help File Index page and then DEEP within any of the Overview (Welcome to ....pedia) Help pages there is no quick way to return to any other of the Pedia Web Site Sections let alone return to the Support Index Page. Would it not be more efficient to achieve this by having the Web Site Main Navigation Bar at the top of the Help File Index page and then at the top of each and every page within the Help File section.

I use separate page browser Tabbing from any index page but allot of people do not know of or use this browser ability. Even if it is too complicated coding wise to have the Main Navigation Bar on each Help file page then perhaps just a Quick Link at the bottom or top of the left hand index column of the Help File pages would be just as efficient.

Cheers
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Web Site Navigation

Post by Conor »

I have put it on my to do list to add the header from the regular site into the help pages online.

They are without navigation as they are the same version that gets shipped with the program, this way I have script that updates both the embedded version and the online version without having to make changes to the HTML with each update, but should be possible to add the header to the online version in an automated way to keep the simplicity of updating the help.
FineWine
Site Admin

Re: Web Site Navigation

Post by FineWine »

Thanks Conor. That to-do list just keeps getting longer and longer and prioritising harder harder :)