True Mac - Killer App.

What other people think of us.
vid-pac-rat
Contributor
Contributor

True Mac - Killer App.

Post by vid-pac-rat »

Most stuff works..."it's a Mac."
I am still not thrilled with OSX Finder ignorance (Apple/Jobs fault), and still miss the speed and intuitive interface of OS9, despite it's many weaknesses and limitations. It had the 'soul-of-a-Mac', that we all knew and expected (as the spoiled elite that we consider ourselves to be). :wink:
You are 'old school' Mac, with heart & soul, you bleed six colors, without doubt!

I'm rambling on from the pleasure of your fine efforts, creating and refining this beautiful, and soulful work! I DO consider this to be a "killer app.," and would gladly dedicate a Mac hardware system, just for this program (if that were necessary.)

...Did I mention; I really like DVDPedia!?!...

How do I know you bleed six colors? Easy, your support and genuine concern and attention to details is only done by people who care!
"Care", is only a marketing term in the M$ world...I've been there. Not even a nice place to visit!

Enough yak from me, I just had to chirp in my tunes of thanks for a wonderful app, you've helped me tremendously in organizing my 'piles of boxes', into a useful (and sparkly, entertaining, fun, etc..) database that works like a dream, and is a pleasure to use.

And now iPhone ready! You just rock!!! Thanks again! :D
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thank you! :oops:

It's more often that we receive this kind of message via email (a more private declaration of love). And although this one is not an email its still going into my best e-mails book (A book that doesn't exist yet, but it definitely needs to be made). It would lets us know why I stay up late at night programming and Nora wakes up early to answer questions. It's this kind of message that keeps the shareware industry going. DVDpedia also puts food on our table, but that is secondary.
bigfella
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Re: True Mac - Killer App.

Post by bigfella »

Totally agree, I travel to Hong Kong,China Taiwan,Japan and Korea for pleasure and as a sideline I use my iPhone to store my wishlist of Asian movies, all I have to do is open the pedia2 and show it to sales assistants and voila! before you know it that rare movie from Tsui Hark/or someone similar, is in front of me on dvd.This is not just a app it is a useful tool in every sense.Thank you for having made it , I get to see and buy all my old favorites because of it.
kbarnes70
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by kbarnes70 »

vid-pac-rat wrote:
How do I know you bleed six colors? Easy, your support and genuine concern and attention to details is only done by people who care!
"Care", is only a marketing term in the M$ world...I've been there. Not even a nice place to visit!

How I agree with you! I have been involved in service industries (advertising) all my life and I have rarely discovered a company that cares as much about its end users as Bruji does - and they translate that care into positive action via the amazing, unbelievable level of support they provide - often on the same day it is requested, always cheerfully and unfailingly helpful. This connection with the end user makes using DVDpedia an added pleasure for me, and I use it every day without fail. I have never experienced software support of this calibre before and, like you, I would willingly dedicate a Mac just to DVDpedia if it was necessary. Long may Conor, Nora and their team coninue to amaze me with their dedication and skills.

Kind regards,

Keith
sitenoise
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by sitenoise »

Everything you say is true, but this is what kills me:
vid-pac-rat wrote: a useful (and sparkly, entertaining, fun, etc..) database that works like a dream, and is a pleasure to use.
It's just plain fun to use.