Quick look dvd pedia

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
Friethoe

Quick look dvd pedia

Post by Friethoe »

I can't get it to work, so for me it's a bug :?

I saw that great video about the cover flow integration and how it could work, but I don't know how to do this.

Can someone point out to me how to get this working, because I don't have a clue!!

Thank you very much in advance for your reactions :)
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Quick look dvd pedia

Post by Conor »

First make sure you have the Spotlight feature turned on. To check launch DVDpedia and under the help menu you will see a Spotlight command, it should have a check mark next to it. Even if it has the check mark select it to turn it off and then again to turn it on, when it turns on again it will reindex your DVDpedia information for Spotlight. Now search for PediaItemDVD in Spotlight and that should list all your DVDs, select show all and change the view type of the Finder window to Cover Flow. Save the search term as a smart folder if you want to get to it quickly and add it to your side bar for even faster access. Press space bar to use Quick Look on a DVD or selection of them.
Friethoe

Post by Friethoe »

Yeah, that did it, many thanks :lol:
Kit Walker
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by Kit Walker »

Hello Conor,

I'm really happy to see CoverFow in the pedias. When using it, I can notice a kind of flckering when tring to navigate within thje covers though... It isn't an exact Itunes like. Any idea ?

Kit
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

What computer do you have? Does it always flicker or only with certain scrolling actions, arrow keys versus mouse clicking or scroll wheel?
Kit Walker
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by Kit Walker »

Hello Conor :-)

I own a Mac Pro (2007) 4X3 Ghz. It only happens when using the mighty mouse and it's little ball. :-)) The flickering appears as soon as I want to navigate through my DVD collection... It happens in CDpedia and Bookpedia as well...

Kit