Problem with statistics

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
PascalB
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Problem with statistics

Post by PascalB »

Hello,

I have a problem with statistics :oops:

When I want to have a look on how many CDs I have purchased this year in clicking directly on 2011 on the graph in the statistics module or in writing 2011 in the search field on the top right, I find in the list some CDs purchased years before... :shock:

If I edit these CDs, they have all a purchase date or an Add date different than 2011 :!:

It concerning a very small quantity of CDs but always the same. I tried to change the dates without success... :(

Any ideas :?:

Thanks in advance :wink:
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Problem with statistics

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the description. The search uses the built in filter search and that does not have an option to narrow the search to only release years, hence "2011" will match in other fields for that CD. It's should't be too common that 2011 appears somewhere else, but that should be the case with the CDs that are not released in 2011 that appear in your search. I'll keep it mind to try to narrow the release date filter to be more specific for an upcoming version. In the meantime for and actual restricted search on year, try a smart collection for release data is after Jan 1, 2011 and release date is before Jan 1, 2012.
PascalB
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by PascalB »

Thank you for your reply and for having taken in count ma remark. I hope it will be interesting also for other people to know how many CD the buy per year...

For the time being I will try your suggestion :wink:
brainpedia

Post by brainpedia »

Hi,

I have the same problem with bookpedia. Honestly I am quite upset about it. Bookpedia is mainly a database, right? A database that cannot narrow searches down to one of it's fields is BROKEN. The whole statistics thing is useless this way. Do not get me wrong - I actually really like the product but to me this is a core funcionality.

Regards
b
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

Thanks for the feedback, we do want to enhance that feature in the upcoming version but it's not as easy as it sounds.

UPDATE: In version 5.0.1 clicking on the release date filters the collection correctly, without including other fields.
PascalB
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by PascalB »

Hello,

I have a new problem with statistics : if I listen the same CD, 2 following days, only the last time is taken in count. The number of CDs listened doesn't change and in the list of last CD listened, only the last time is mentioned. It's also the same if I listen 2 following times the same CD the same day but as it is less usual I have never reported it.

Does it means that I am not normal to listen 2 times the same CD :?: :mrgreen:

Thanks for your help :!:
PascalB
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by PascalB »

PascalB wrote:Hello,

I have a new problem with statistics : if I listen the same CD, 2 following days, only the last time is taken in count. The number of CDs listened doesn't change and in the list of last CD listened, only the last time is mentioned. It's also the same if I listen 2 following times the same CD the same day but as it is less usual I have never reported it.

Does it means that I am not normal to listen 2 times the same CD :?: :mrgreen:

Thanks for your help :!:
No idea about this :?: :oops:
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

For the next version of CDpedia we've added the same functionality as in DVDpedia (previously discussed here on the forum) so that the Last Played and Play count are automatically updated when you click on the play button. Just in case, we've set it to only do this once a day, i.e. if you play an album more than once you'll have to adjust the play count manually. But playing the same album on two consecutive days should count them properly as two separate plays.

If you'd like to try out the beta, you can download that here.
PascalB
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by PascalB »

I still have problems with (or I still do not understand) statistics in particular with the count of albums played per year.

First, if you listen the same album 3 following days, it counts for one. Is it normal ?
The soft should count the number of CD played per year, not the number of different CD played ?
Second, my number of album played is stopped for 2 weeks, since I reached the same number as last year... what happened ?

Thanks again for your help.

EDIT : I just listened a new CD I receive this morning and the number of CD played this year has changed. That seems, if I understand well, the soft count the number of different CD played... I do not see any interest in this, why ?
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the feedback. The stats are indeed based on the number of distinctive albums played that year, I think that count better reflects what most users are looking for.

For a number of times a single album has been played you have to take a look at the "play count" column. You can sort by that column to add the additional count that those albums would increase the total by, although this column takes into account all times the album has ever been payed so you would also need to show the play history under "Album -> Last Played History" menu command to see the dates the album was played.

I'll keep your feedback in mind when expanding the statistics. At the moment it's not possible to have it count the number of CD played that year irrelevant if it was the same album for technical reasons.
PascalB
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by PascalB »

Thanks Conor, until an expansion of the stat module, I will follow your advice.

I am surprised that most users want only to know how many distinctive CDs they listen to per year, I do not see any interest in this... :shock:
I hope they have enough CDs to listen, if not stats will be easy for them :mrgreen:
For me who buy a lot of CD and listening to a lot every day, the interest is more to know how many CDs I listen to per year and which CD I listen to the more :wink: