Pocketpedia 3 not showing pictures and other issues

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
evg2000
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Pocketpedia 3 not showing pictures and other issues

Post by evg2000 »

Hi,
Few problems with pocketpedia 3.For DVS's, books, and CDs it's all good. I'm having a problem with gamepedia. I first tried updating via wireless, then tried iTunes. The issues I see are:
1. Takes a long time to load the library about 20 seconds
2. Once the library is loaded, the pictures are missing.
3. On the right side it shows a couple of letters running down the side, not the whole alphabet.

Works fine in the old version of pocketpedia. Wonder if I could have a special character in a field that PP3 doesn't like?

Sending a copy of my library.

thanks,
Charles
Nora
Site Admin

Re: Pocketpedia 3 not showing pictures and other issues

Post by Nora »

Thanks for the file.

We'll try and improve the load time for large collections like your Library. Especially on the iPhone much of the delay has to do with the phone sorting the entries and putting them into the necessary sections for display. This is something we might have the Desktop programs do for Pocketpedia in the future, we'll have to see if that's possible.
The good news is, after you've opened the Library once, subsequent openings will be much faster.

Which leads me directly to your third question - the reason you only see Y and N as letters in the Library is because your Library in Gamepedia is sorted by the column "Box". Sort it by "Title" or some other column and then sync your database again.

As for the images that don't appear in your Library, do they appear in any of the other collections or are they all without images? You can try forcing a new image sync by holding down the Option key on your keyboard and tapping the 'Sync' button, see if that makes a difference.
demgor02
Inductee
Inductee

Post by demgor02 »

I am having the same issue. There are no images just the blank dog logo. Wifi syncing updates DVD's but not images. Is there a resolution to this?
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

Have you tried doing a clean sync with the Option key held down? (Hold down Option on your keyboard and tap the 'Sync' button.)