CDpedia Comments field

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
Meng
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

CDpedia Comments field

Post by Meng »

For some reason, if the Comments field is empty it is still showing in the Display section - whereas all other fields only show if there is information contained within the field. This never used to be the case, and as I haven't altered any of my Preferences settings I'm assuming it's a bug.

Working as it should in DVDpedia.
Nora
Site Admin

Re: CDpedia Comments field

Post by Nora »

Which version of CDpedia are you running and what details view template do you have selected?
Meng
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by Meng »

Version 5.1.0, using the Collection template.
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

Are you sure the Comments field is completely empty and doesn't include a space or something like that? I've been trying to repeat the problem here but the Comments field only shows up when information is present for me.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Please select a number of CDs and use the edit command to open the edit multiple. Then check the comments field and leave blank and press OK. If that fixes the issues, it means there must be some blank lines in the comments field. Repeat the above with select all. Otherwise please send us your Database.cdpd file so we can take a look here.
Meng
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by Meng »

This is weird!

It was indeed a space in the field causing the problem - however, this wasn't just on one CD but about a dozen all for the same artist. If it had only been the one I could have put it down to a mistake on my part, but for it to happen to that many is really odd. Putting blank space(s) in the Comments field is something I just don't do!!

Never mind. Problem solved. Many thanks. :D