'systemRequirements' field in Gamepedia 5.x

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
Moustique
Contributor
Contributor

'systemRequirements' field in Gamepedia 5.x

Post by Moustique »

Since upgrading to Gamepedia 5.x (from 4.6.8) I noticed a new field with what appears to be an internal unlocalized label 'systemRequirements' is showing in the list of fields. Is this expected or did something go wrong during the database migration? There is another field, properly labeled 'Requirements', so this 'systemRequirements' field seems redundant and out of place. If it's not supposed to be there, is there any way to get rid of it?

Please see screenshot below, the field in question is highlighted underneath the proper 'Requirements' field.

Thanks.
Last edited by Moustique on Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nora
Site Admin

Re: 'systemRequirements' field in Gamepedia 5.x

Post by Nora »

The System Requirements field was renamed to Requirements with 5.0 so you shouldn't see that anywhere. I can't see your screenshot so I'm not sure where it is exactly you're seeing it. Do you have a custom details view template maybe? In that case you need to update the template to fix that. More info about customizing templates can be found in the Help files.
Moustique
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Moustique »

The field shows up in the list of fields in the Preferences. I have edited my post above, hopefully the screenshot will show this time. Otherwise here is a direct link: http://i.imgur.com/PneQt.png.

Thanks.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thank you the screenshot it is now showing up. With that information I was able to track down the bug, it's an issue with the migration of the preferences file. I have updated it for the next version of Gamepedia.

To fix your copy, without Gamepedia running run the following command in Terminal (program found under /Application/Utilities):

Code: Select all

defaults delete com.bruji.gamepedia "FieldsOrder"
This will delete your preferences for field order, so you will have to reset the order in the preferences in Gamepedia after re-launch.
Moustique
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Moustique »

I went and manually edited the plist file to remove the entry as I didn't want to re-customize the field order from scratch. Thanks for the help, glad it's just a small prefs glitch.