DVDpedia 5.11 isight, bar code

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
fdm77

DVDpedia 5.11 isight, bar code

Post by fdm77 »

Hello,

The bar code do not function any more on the site dvdfr...

And my iSight do not function any more with my iMac (late 2011)

best regards
Conor
Top Dog

Re: DVDpedia 5.11 isight, bar code

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the bug report. The barcode search at DVD FR is fixed in DVDpedia beta 35 I took the opportunity to update the download of the genres.

The scanning should not have changed from version 5.1, if it used to work on your iMac do try different light sources. Having a good contrast is key to make it easy to recognize the barcode.
fdm77

Post by fdm77 »

In fact the problem of the isight exists since always with this imac…
On my old there was no problem
The high-definition of the camera is of aillor much better in ichat than in dvdpedia. Wouldn't the problem come it not beyond?

best regard

I am sorry for my English but I use an automatic translator: -)
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

The iSight camera used in the iMacs is different from the camera used in other Macs. It is optimized for video chatting which means the focus is set further away. Unfortunately at the distance where the focus is sharpest, it is too far away for the camera to see a barcode accurately since it is too small. When you move it closer on the other hand it often becomes too blurry for the camera to read.

What you can try is to scan the barcode at the very edge of the window instead of inside the red square. The focus is sharper on the edges of the camera and for many iMac users the scan works fine there.