dvdpedia 5.11 bug??

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
axiom
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

dvdpedia 5.11 bug??

Post by axiom »

it maybe not bug,but i wish it should be humanizable:
1.character code
i use mac os x 10.7.4 for chinese,when i add a moive,if the movie include french,spanish..some characters changed to be irrecognizable,
e.g. "Mikael Håfström" display "Mikael HÃ¥fström",........
but if i copy "Mikael Håfström" from tmdb webpage,then paste in dvdpedia,it display good
2.i find i double-click movie's cover,it can't change big
3.i have many big cover(landscape,double-page like real dvd cover),but when i put big cover in a "movie info page",in "cover flow",it display too small,
i wish big cover function could be good
Conor
Top Dog

Re: dvdpedia 5.11 bug??

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the bug reports.

1. Incorrect encoding in TMDb is now fixed and you can get the latest in the beta version

2. You can view a large version of the cover by clicking in the cover well on the bottom left of the main window.

3. Indeed the Cover Flow is particular about liking tall images over wide images and is set to favor those ratios Thank you for the feedback about expanding it to allow wider images in the Cover Flow.
Conor
Top Dog

Re: dvdpedia 5.11 bug??

Post by Conor »

We have updated DVDpedia beta 39 with the new TMDB API version 3. It will now get the proper cover image for the country set. It now has a preference window available from Preferences->Sites->TMDB gear icon, were the language and country can be changed (also the ability to include adult films in the search).

Most of our users countries are options in the pop up menu. But if you happen to need a country not on the list you can set it by knowing the standard ISO-3166-1 country code and ISO-639-1 language code.

Then you run the following example Terminal command but substitute the "en/US" code at the end:

Code: Select all

defaults write com.bruji.bookpedia "TMDB Configuration" -dict-add "languageCode" "en"
defaults write com.bruji.bookpedia "TMDB Configuration" -dict-add "countryCode" "US"
Keep in mind that TMDB only has a few languages at the moment, but they are looking for new submissions. So if you get no data back you can fill out the information on their website.

Do please try it out.