Pocketpedia3 library missing

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
klausness
Captain
Captain

Pocketpedia3 library missing

Post by klausness »

I've synced my CDPedia library with pocketpedia3 on both my iPhone and my iPad, and everything seemed to be peachy. But when I went to look at my library just now, I can't see anything on either device. When I click on the CDPedia button in the upper left, nothing is shown in the drop-down except for a suggestion that I sync to import my library from my Mac. But since I'm far away from my Mac, I can't do that. Oddly, on my iPad, the main screen still shows the last album that was displayed there, but the library to which it belongs is nowhere to be seen. Am I missing something here? could something have gone wrong during a pocketpedia upgrade (I don't remember if I've upgraded to a new version since it last worked)?
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Pocketpedia3 library missing

Post by Conor »

I was going to suggest that an update to your iOS might have moved files and Pocketpedia can't find them. Although if the iPad is displaying the last entry then it does have access to the files to gather that information.

So I can find out more please send me all the messages from your console log after launching Pocketpedia.

First make sure Pocketpedia is not running by double tapping the home button and holding down your finger over Pocketpedia on the recently used bar and then tapping the minus button that appears there. Then launch Pocketpedia again, If it produces any error messages they will then be in the console log.

Sadly Apple makes debugging quite a headache and you need to download the following iPhone Configuration Utility just to get a look at that log. Connect you device to a Mac and run the iPhone Configuration Utility application and click on the "Console" sidebar to view the log and copy paste any Pocketpedia messages out of there. This will allow me to narrow down on the bug and get it fixed.

When you are near your Mac again I would recommend deleting Pocketpedia and downloading it again from App store and doing a brand new clean sync to avoid previous issues that might have caused the files not to be saved, as not loading any info points to the information not being saved on the device.
klausness
Captain
Captain

Post by klausness »

I don't think I've done an iOS update since the last time that it worked correctly. I won't have access to a Mac until I get home in a few days, but I'll have a look at the console log then. After that, I'll probably delete, reinstall, and resync.
klausness
Captain
Captain

Post by klausness »

Looks like there are errors in the console log about the database being corrupted: "SQLite error code:11, 'database disk image is malformed'"
I've sent the full log messages in a PM.
klausness
Captain
Captain

Post by klausness »

I deleted and re-added pocketpedia and re-synced, and everything worked for a while.... But now my iPad library has disappeared again, with the same error in the log (the library on the iPhone is still OK for now). In case it matters, I do have a pretty large library (over 5000 items).
klausness
Captain
Captain

Post by klausness »

I think I've just figured out how to kill the library. I reinstalled pocketpedia, resynced the library, and everything seemed to be OK. Then I quit pocketpedia (by double tapping the home button and holding down my finger over Pocketpedia on the recently used bar and then tapping the minus button) and restarted it.... and the library was gone again. I could restore the library by tapping on Sync, which didn't do a full sync -- it did a quick update and then downloaded artwork for 678 albums. Interestingly, restarting the iPad without quitting pocketpedia didn't do anything to the library. So it looks to me like something different is happening when quitting via the recently used bar. Maybe some database shutdown step isn't happening properly when quitting via the recently used bar?