Pocketpedia3 lost all cover images on iOS6 upgrade

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
DAK
Contributor
Contributor

Pocketpedia3 lost all cover images on iOS6 upgrade

Post by DAK »

I'm not sure if anyone else has experienced this problem, but figured I should report it anyway.

I am using Pocketpedia3 on an iPhone 3GS. When I updated the iPhone from iOS5 to iOS6, my Pocketpedia collection data remained intact, but all cover images were missing. It might be worth noting that the iOS update required me to do a full system restore (twice!) followed by data restore from iTunes backup, so it's possible that Pocketpedia cover images were somehow not included in the iTunes backup.

How I fixed the problem... I could not figure out how to do a full data resync from Bookpedia. I therefore deleted the Pocketpedia app from the device, reinstalled, and then sync'd. So I essentially had to set up Pocketpedia from scratch after the iOS upgrade.
Nora
Site Admin

Re: Pocketpedia3 lost all cover images on iOS6 upgrade

Post by Nora »

The images aren't included in the backup of the data which would explain why they didn't appear when you had to restore. You can always do a clean sync, i.e. bring over all information including covers, by holding down the Option key on your keyboard and then tapping the 'Sync' button.
DAK
Contributor
Contributor

Post by DAK »

Ah, thanks Nora, that explains it.
It's also good to know that there is a way to do a full resync without re-installing the app.
It's probably good that the backup doesn't include cover images, as that is a very large amount of data.
SaberCats2K
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by SaberCats2K »

Thanks for this thread! I was wondering what happened...

All my covers are back! :mrgreen: