CDPedia and Discogs

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
CxB
Contributor
Contributor

CDPedia and Discogs

Post by CxB »

Small bug:
<notes> from Discogs are added to "Summary" in CDPedia. The problem with <notes> is that they have carriage returns and newlines making:
line1
line2
to look like (in CDPedia Details View only):
line1

line2
It would be nice to skip the carriage return to make Summary look as intended. See example from api http://api.discogs.com/release/771505?f=json
CxB
Contributor
Contributor

Re: CDPedia and Discogs

Post by CxB »

I also noticed a thing with the date from Discogs.
This release, http://www.discogs.com/Depeche-Mode-Fad ... ase/361362 will in CDpedia be shown as 9 Nov 1981, when it should be 11 Sep 1981. Not sure if I can fix this locally or if it's a bug? When dd>max mm, like in 13 April 1987, the date will be completely empty in CDpedia for me.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

With this kind of bug report, 80% of the work done (finding the specifics of the bug), consider the fix done. All carriage returns + line feeds in notes are now replaced with the Mac OS version of line feed only. Additionally the details view should have handled the Windows new line just in case, hence carriage returns + line feeds will be a single break in the details view.

The release date for Discogs was is tied to your computer date format and was interpreting the month backwards from the date. It should have been decouple from your display format from the beginning. Now it will interpret the date correctly as year-month-day.

All this is included in CDpedia Beta 29 for testing.
CxB
Contributor
Contributor

Post by CxB »

Both bugs are tested OK! Thanks!