IMDb Genre - garbled field string text

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
Conor
Top Dog

Re: IMDb Genre - garbled field string text

Post by Conor »

@genji2000: Also if you don't mind your preference file from ~/Library/Preferences/com.bruji.dvdpedia.plist as I think it might be a particular combination that causes the issue.

Also there no issue with reading the customized templates, do double check the DVDpedia -> Preferences -> General and make sure the data folder path is ~/Library/Application Support/DVDpedia, as I can't think of another reason it might not be sowing the templates.
dalboy5
Contributor
Contributor

Post by dalboy5 »

@dalboy5: What date exactly are you talking about? All the fields seem to fill out just fine for me when doing an IMDb search with 4.6.8.

Hi Nora,
I am referring to the year of the film— which used to appear to the right of the title. My library worked fine for years, but now I have titles but no years. Any film I add now— has no year either. This occurred after the re download of 4.6.8. last evening. Thanks.
dalboy5
Contributor
Contributor

Post by dalboy5 »

Nora,
I fixed it! I now have the film dates. The problem was a blank date format area in Preferences....the ? portion led me to a solution. Thanks for your attention.
genji2000
Captain
Captain

Post by genji2000 »

Nora wrote:@genji2000: Could you please send me a .dcard file for that entry so I can try to repeat the problem here? To create a dcard, select the entry in DVDpedia's table view and drag it out to your Desktop. The .dcard file will automatically be created and you simply have to attach it to the email. Also, is this a customized version of the Collection details template or the original one that came with the program?
As for new templates that the program doesn't see - did you give the template a unique name? Did you restart DVDpedia after adding the template to the InfoTemplates folder?

@dalboy5: What date exactly are you talking about? All the fields seem to fill out just fine for me when doing an IMDb search with 4.6.8.
Emailed to support@bruji.com

Thanks.
genji2000
Captain
Captain

Post by genji2000 »

Conor wrote:@genji2000: Also there no issue with reading the customized templates, do double check the DVDpedia -> Preferences -> General and make sure the data folder path is ~/Library/Application Support/DVDpedia, as I can't think of another reason it might not be sowing the templates.
Ah, thanks. That'll do it.

I thought all user templates should be in ~/Library/Application Support/DVDpedia, not in the database folder. I've moved my template into the InfoTemplates folder where the database is (not in ~/Library) and it can now see it. It's still really messed up compared with how 5.1.3 reads the templates so I guess I'm stuck with 5.1.3.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

It's still really messed up compared with how 5.1.3 reads the templates so I guess I'm stuck with 5.1.3.
It's likely a missing tag in the template. You can debug the template by holding down the option key and clicking the Help menu. There will be a "Show Details view HTML..." command that will write out the HTML from the details view into a file so you can check it out in Safari and other programs for mistakes.

If nothing pop up do please send us the custom template and a .dcard of a entry so that we can try to repeat it and get it fixed.
genji2000
Captain
Captain

Post by genji2000 »

Conor wrote:
It's still really messed up compared with how 5.1.3 reads the templates so I guess I'm stuck with 5.1.3.
It's likely a missing tag in the template. You can debug the template by holding down the option key and clicking the Help menu. There will be a "Show Details view HTML..." command that will write out the HTML from the details view into a file so you can check it out in Safari and other programs for mistakes.

If nothing pop up do please send us the custom template and a .dcard of a entry so that we can try to repeat it and get it fixed.
Wow.

Just received your reply and fixed template. I'm massively impressed with your customer service. Thanks a lot. I wish you would run a course for PayPal, British Gas, Virgin Media, Asda Online, Amazon, Yodel and others on how to deal with customers.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Glad we could fix it and get you back on track. Sadly not all problems are within our resources, your entire list is beyond our help.