IMDb Genre - garbled field string text

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
FineWine
Site Admin

IMDb Genre - garbled field string text

Post by FineWine »

Hi Team - just came across this IMDb bug this evening. When you go to update from IMDb the Genre field returns a garble string of text.

Crime?ref_=tt_str_gnr, Drama?ref_=tt_str_gnr, Thriller?ref_=tt_str_gnr

This is not Style template dependent as I have tried it with your default templates as well as my design templates. More than likely IMDb problem.

The particular search is IMDb Breaking Bad Series.

Cheers
Nora
Site Admin

Re: IMDb Genre - garbled field string text

Post by Nora »

IMDb has been changing some things on their website and we've had to update the plug-in once again. But things are fixed already in the DVDpedia beta. If any further changes happen in the next few days we'll keep updating that.
FineWine
Site Admin

Post by FineWine »

Thanks all fixed now.

Once again you all have come through speedily.

Cheers
reab
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by reab »

Nora wrote:IMDb has been changing some things on their website and we've had to update the plug-in once again. But things are fixed already in the DVDpedia beta. If any further changes happen in the next few days we'll keep updating that.
Can I use the IMDB Plug-in for DVDPedia 4.6.8 with OSX 10.4.11?
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

No, the plug-ins aren't compatible. But you can just download 4.6.8 again, the plug-in is fixed there too.
reab
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by reab »

Nora wrote:No, the plug-ins aren't compatible. But you can just download 4.6.8 again, the plug-in is fixed there too.
Unfortunately, this did not work for me. I deleted the old application. New application downloaded (your link). When I trying to load data from the IMDB page...DVDPedia freezes. (IMDB PlugIn Date: 2013 Jan.30.)
(DVDPedia 4.6.8 with OSX 10.4.11, PowerPC G5 Quad)
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

The program freezes for you? In that case please check your console log for are any messages from DVDpedia. You can access the console log via the application 'Console', located inside your Applications/Utilities. The newer messages are towards the end of the log.
Also, if you can repeat the freeze could you please send me a sample from Activity Monitor? After you try the search on IMDb and DVDpedia is stuck and unresponsive, run "Activity Monitor" from your Applications/Utilities, select DVDpedia from the process list and under the view menu use "Sample Process" (command-option-s). You'll see a button to save the sample file in order to attach it to an email to us.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

I think I have narrowed down the issue of compatibility with 10.4. I have updated the old version, please download 4.6.8 again and give it a try.
genji2000
Captain
Captain

Post by genji2000 »

Hmm... my DVDpedia is version 5.1.3 and it has the same problem. I tried downgrading to 4.6.8 but that won't read my database.
Last edited by genji2000 on Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:21 am, edited 3 times in total.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Please download the beta for now, the update to 5.1.3 will be out soon.
The Ancient Mariner
Contributor
Contributor

Post by The Ancient Mariner »

Hi guys, Have just put in 5.1.4 and the IMDb Genre problem of garbled text appears to be fixed. Unfortunately, when I try to add a recent movie, such as Arbitrage, the only fields it fills are Studio, Genre, Rated, Duration, Theatrical, Rating, Sound, Country, Languages, Tagline and Summary. I tried a few other movies and same results.

No Title, Director, Writer, Producer, Starring, etc.

Cheers. . .
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

Download the beta please. We'll release an official fix soon.
genji2000
Captain
Captain

Post by genji2000 »

An issue with the 5.1.3 beta (in Details view, the Awards and Summary content is displayed in a 1-pixel wide column just to the right of the cast list) has been carried into the 5.1.4 release version:

Also, 5.1.4 doesn't appear to be able to see new html templates in ~/Library/Application Support/DVDpedia/InfoTemplates.
dalboy5
Contributor
Contributor

Post by dalboy5 »

I am using DVDPedia 4.6.8 on a Mac with 10.6.8. I, also, had recent problems with IMDB— garbled field string, and no title in the Add section......so I downloaded 4.6.8 again. Now, the date is missing after every title in my library! This is important info for a collection. Please help!
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

@genji2000: Could you please send me a .dcard file for that entry so I can try to repeat the problem here? To create a dcard, select the entry in DVDpedia's table view and drag it out to your Desktop. The .dcard file will automatically be created and you simply have to attach it to the email. Also, is this a customized version of the Collection details template or the original one that came with the program?
As for new templates that the program doesn't see - did you give the template a unique name? Did you restart DVDpedia after adding the template to the InfoTemplates folder?

@dalboy5: What date exactly are you talking about? All the fields seem to fill out just fine for me when doing an IMDb search with 4.6.8.