DVDpedia not accessing Apple Contacts in Borrow Facility

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
FineWine
Site Admin

DVDpedia not accessing Apple Contacts in Borrow Facility

Post by FineWine »

Hi Team - As I do not normally loan my DVD's or Book's out, I have just discovered that in my DVDpedia (Ver: 5.1.5 Beta 47) where in the "Borrow" facility, it is not accessing my Apple Contacts. All works fine in Bookpedia.

Cheers
Conor
Top Dog

Re: DVDpedia not accessing Apple Contacts in Borrow Facility

Post by Conor »

You blocked DVDpedia from having access to your contacts. You can enable access again by visiting System Preferences -> Security and Privacy -> Privacy tab. On the left hand side look select "Contacts" and then search for DVDpedia on the list on the right and check the box next to DVDpedia to grant access. Restart DVDpedia and you should have access to your contacts again in DVDpedia.
FineWine
Site Admin

Re: DVDpedia not accessing Apple Contacts in Borrow Facility

Post by FineWine »

Thanks for that.

The funny thing is, is that it used to work. So the only thing I can suggest that changed it, is that 5 weeks ago I had a hard drive failure and had to get Apple Genius Bar to replace it with a new one and they re- installed a factory OS and then I did a complete Time Machine restore. Now DVDpedia did not ask me for access to my Contacts but prior to this posting I checked Bookpedia out and it did ask me for access to my Contacts. So I am guessing that something happen within the "Security & Privacy" Pref's.

All's fine now - thanks