Pocketpedia 3 and iOS7

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
ggreco

Pocketpedia 3 and iOS7

Post by ggreco »

Since I upgraded to iOS7 (actually beta3) pocketpedia3 is no more able to show pictures of my blu-ray collection (about 380 items).

The pictures show correctly on DVDPedia, and also on "pocketpedia2", that I still have on my phone :)

I've found that sometimes closing and restarting the app I'm able to view the thumbnails in the UITableView movie list (so the images are physically on the device), but I'm never able to see them individually clicking on a picture on the movie details view (I always see the "dog" image placeholder).

I also tried to do a full sync without results... At least I tried it from the info I saw in another post by clicking "sync" on the phone app while keeping pressed OPTION on the keyboard of the Mac with DVDPedia opened and in active.

I know iOS 7 is still in beta, but I thought that reporting this bug could be useful. :D
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Pocketpedia 3 and iOS7

Post by Conor »

Thank you for reporting the bug. We are currently updating if necessary for iOS 7 and also reporting bugs on to Apple's bug tracker so that they can't fixed before the final release of iOS 7 as well. There is a number of issue with Maverick and iOS 7, so it's complicated to narrow down bugs to specific bugs as bugs in the iOS seem to overlap each, so it's good to have information about other users experience with the betas.
Rigido
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by Rigido »

Conor, I installed iOS7 too (actually Beta6) and today I received the PocketPedia upgrade link...but looks like it will not install.
I have a greyed icon, if I click on it a spinnig circle appears saying "Installing..." and then the icon returns greyed.
Is there something I can check?
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thank you for beta testing.

The new iOS no longer has uniqueIdentifier that Test Flight uses to recognize beta users. Also in app updates no longer work in their SDK due to the same issue. They are looking to fix it.

In the meantime if you want to install the beta in iOS 7 you need to reset settings and log in from Safari, instead of any Test Flight shortcut on your home screen. There is more at StackOverflow, but seems to be random if users are able to install an app on iOS 7.

Hopefully it will be fixed by the release of iOS 7, after which we will start our testing of the new UI. We want to give time for this last version to get to users as iOS 7 might require that we go 7 only with the next version. Still early in the development cycle to tell if it will be necessary but it's looking likely.
Rigido
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by Rigido »

Yesterday I tried some things with TestFlight (No Reset Settings) and it installed the certificate back as Apple replaced my phone some months ago.
On the device I had just my old 4S so I registered the 5 and removed the old one.
With today link, PocketPedia 3.1.0 (9), everything worked and PP is back...and synced :)

Thanks.
jdonato
Contributor
Contributor

Post by jdonato »

Same problem as original poster, even after updating PP two days ago... (in my case the covers are from Bookpedia)
ggreco wrote:Since I upgraded to iOS7 (actually beta3) pocketpedia3 is no more able to show pictures of my blu-ray collection (about 380 items).

The pictures show correctly on DVDPedia, and also on "pocketpedia2", that I still have on my phone :)
Nothing I can do to bring them back. PP on iOS 6 on iPhone is working great. Any news about this problem?
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Try pressing the "sync" button while holding down the option key on the Mac, this should sync all the covers again.
jdonato
Contributor
Contributor

Post by jdonato »

Great!! Nice workaround, it worked perfectly!
Thanks!
Pip
Inductee
Inductee

Post by Pip »

Thank you so much. This option key trick worked for me also.

Pip