Pocketpedia, Sync & Covers

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
Stoom
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Pocketpedia, Sync & Covers

Post by Stoom »

When I sync Pocketpedia with CDpedia it syncs all my covers (2000+) each time. Can anyone help stop this?
FineWine
Site Admin

Re: Pocketpedia, Sync & Covers

Post by FineWine »

View this post here Trouble Syncing from Pedias to PocketPedia it may solve your problems.

Cheers
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Please try removing the CDpedia collection from Pocketpedia and syncing from scratch. You can delete via swipe or if CDpedia is the only collection then deleting Pocketpedia and downloading again from the App Store.

Another user reported something similar and we were able to fix it with the above solution at least for a couple of weeks. I was never able to replicate the issue, even when running his database of CDs. However I am currently also running the next version of Pocketpedia that has quite a few changes. I'll send you an email when the beta is available should you be interested.
Stoom
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by Stoom »

Removing just the CDPedia collection didn't work but deleting the App and reinstalling did work. I'll report back if it starts doing it again. Thanks for the help everyone.
grooveq

Post by grooveq »

Definitely a bug somewhere! just encountered precisely the same thing - which led me right here...

I haven't synced in quite a while, so the cover data has definitely been dumped somewhere in the iOS or app upgrading..

Re-syncing did nothing, had to delete the app and start again.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

I think I finally solved this issue. It was a bug with Mavericks not acknowledging an SQLite pragma directive of journal_mode : Delete and using the default write ahead mode and creating a -wal file for the database that does not get synced. I have added a work around into the beta, do please test it out. You can use the beta version as your regular version.