IMDB rating number format

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
makmic
Contributor
Contributor

IMDB rating number format

Post by makmic »

Hello,

When I import the Rating from IMDB into DVDPedia, I get "7,6 151 698 votes" for example; However, my OS X settings specified number formats would bring "7.6 151'698 votes"; Do I have a way to bring DVDPedia to import according to my settings? Note that this was working OK in DVDPedia 3 "old" version.

Thanks for any help :)
Conor
Top Dog

Re: IMDB rating number format

Post by Conor »

The format is picked up directly from the IMDb page. I have never seen IMDb change their formatting and it's always a period. Testing with the latest version gets me a period in the rating. Do check your preference at IMDb as there might be something I am not aware of that allows it to be a comma. Are you in Europe?
makmic
Contributor
Contributor

Post by makmic »

Yep, in am located in Europe (CH). And the comma also appears when I directly go on the IMDB site. No idea what settings is used here.

Thanks for your help anyway!
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the info on IMDb updating the formatting for Europe. I shall look to see if I can flip it to American via the computer preferences, but unlikely as it makes it more prone to error to read in a decimal number that might have a comma or a period. IMDb does have an site preferences under your account name, but there is no number preference, maybe changing your preferred language country to English might also change the number formatting.