IMDb again

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
celtoslavica
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

IMDb again

Post by celtoslavica »

Since a couple of days, DVDpedia 5.3.1 can't download any Tag information from the IMDb site.
I also have a field "Art Director" that worked fine until a few month ago. Now it doesn't. All my IMDb Plug-Ins are checked.
Probably they've changed their site again?
Conor
Top Dog

Re: IMDb again

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the heads up. They added a votes field for each tag that was confusing things and art director is also fixed, I overlooked it on the last fix. :oops: All included in DVDpedia Beta 58 and in the next release.
celtoslavica
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by celtoslavica »

Thank you, Conor. "Art Director" works again, but "Tags" still remain empty in Beta 58.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Could you give one or two IMDb numbers, as the few movies I tried imported the tags. Thank you.
celtoslavica
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by celtoslavica »

Some rather popular ones:
0264464 (Catch Me If You Can)
0181689 (Minority Report)
0407887 (The Departed) etcetc

None at all work. They did before (ca. 10 days ago).
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thank you. There must be something else going on with the tags page. I get tags for all those movies. Do double check that you have "tags" set in the IMDb preferences under DVDpedia -> Preferences -> Sites -> IMDb -> (little gear button).

Catch Me if You Can: fbi,pilot,attorney,fbi agent,doctor
Minority Report: murder,future,year 2054,washington d.c.,arrest
The Departed: boston,police,undercover,mole,mobster,irish mafia

Just in case I re-uploaded the Beta and changed it to 59. But doubtful that would be the case as the fix for art director was in the same build. If none of those prove to be the issue, do email me a "Save as: Page Source" from Safari of the tags page for "The Departed", the best of those three movies, and I can look for issues.
celtoslavica
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by celtoslavica »

Thanks so much, Conor! That solved the problem. I did not check the little gear button in Preferences ->Sites -> IMDb. I only checked Film -> PlugIns -> IMDb Options. Could explain the different function of these two sets of checkboxes? Do they interfere with each other?
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

I think you might have an older copy of the IMDb plugin lurking about. Do remove any IMDb plugin from your data folder in ~/Library/Application Support/DVDpedia/Plug-ins, so that you only have the latest version. Although in truth the program would always pick the newest version and only be able to load one of them, but could you have an old special version with a different name. The menu in the new version should not have a "Options" available and load everything under "Movie -> IMDb" only instead of the generic "Plugin".