Bookpedia Crashes under Yosemite when Syncing

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
lgj001
Contributor
Contributor

Bookpedia Crashes under Yosemite when Syncing

Post by lgj001 »

When I try to Sync my iPad with my Mac Bookpedia on the Mac grows up the error "Cannot Save Changes: The database in memory is not in a valid state and will be reloaded from the hard disk." and then Bookpedia on the Mac Crashes & restarts. Any ideas?
lgj001
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Bookpedia Crashes under Yosemite when Syncing

Post by lgj001 »

Sorry, correction: Bookpedia doesn't crash, but re-starts when I close the Dialog box, which I think is supposed to happen - but the sync does not happen.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Sounds like there might have been a corruption of the database on the hard drive during the upgrade to Yosemite, specially if it was a restore from Time Machine after an upgrade as can be done on a clean install. If you have a recent backup do try restoring the database.bookpd file in the data folder. By default the Bookpedia folder is located in your Home folder under ~/Library/Application Support/Bookpedia. On Yosemite the Library folder is hidden by default so to go to your Bookpedia data folder you have to use the Finder's 'Go' menu, hold down the option key and the Library folder will appear.

Otherwise please send me that same database.bookpd file, so that I can try it out here. You can select the file and choose the "Compress" command under the "File" menu to create a .zip version that will be a lot smaller.

Thank you for all the help, will get you back up and running in no time.
lgj001
Contributor
Contributor

Post by lgj001 »

Hi Conor, thanks for replying. I restored the database from before the last successful sync, but the problem is still there. I'll compress the database file and send it over. Thanks.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thank you. I'll take a look and get it fixed.