Moviemeter.nl search/add movie leads to crash

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
Dennis LMN
Inductee
Inductee

Moviemeter.nl search/add movie leads to crash

Post by Dennis LMN »

Dear,

I'm using moviemeter.nl for a dutch synopsis of a movie. Recently adding movies by searching the name of the movie leads to an immediate crash of DVDpedia. After switching to for instance imdb.com, the problem seems to be solved.

However, I prefer to keep on using the Dutch moviemeter.nl. Could you please inform me how to resolve this matter?

I'm using version 5.3.2 on OS X 10.10.1

Thanking you in advance,
Dennis
Nora
Site Admin

Re: Moviemeter.nl search/add movie leads to crash

Post by Nora »

Thanks for letting us know Dennis. Conor has fixed the issue; you can download the fixed version (still 5.3.2)here.
wv02447

Post by wv02447 »

Have the same problem, also using Moviemaker.nl and a crash even after installing the last update.
wv02447

Post by wv02447 »

I having the same problem using Moviemaker.nl, even after installing the updated version 5.3.2, it still crashes.

Thank you for your help.
Willem
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thank you. The original issue was a change with the API of Moviemeter, they changed the movie ID from "FilmID" to "id". it was strange that they would do that with out warning, but they have now fixed it and set it back. That means that the beta version will now crash and not the original version. I have changed it back as well as added just "id" as a backup and a check that the value is present so that it does not crash in the future should they make the same change without warning. Beta now updated, do let me know if you run into any trouble with the beta.

Thank you for the update and testing the beta. I have also updated the regular version as the change was up only for a day, I have not changed the version number.