Intermittent find results reset during copy & paste

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
AarbronBeast
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Intermittent find results reset during copy & paste

Post by AarbronBeast »

Bookpedia 5.4.2, on macOS 10.11.5.

I type in a search criteria in the top right search box which limits the list of titles in the main list view. Then I click on a title and then hit Cmd-C and then Cmd-V to duplicate a record. Sometimes this action clears the search results and resets the list view to show all titles. Sometimes it doesn't. I can't pinpoint 100% why the search resets sometimes, but apparently it can depend on the entered criteria. I would prefer that the search results DON'T reset when duplicating an item.

For example, if I were to type in Wonder Woman 2011 in the search box, and then duplicate a title, the search results get reset. But if I were to instead type in 2011 Wonder Woman in the search box, duplicating an item does not reset the search results and the list view continues to show the filtered list of Wonder Woman titles.

Hope that helps.
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Intermittent find results reset during copy & paste

Post by Conor »

Thanks for the bug report and the specific details.

The issue was a race bug, the paste wants to always select the new inserted book. Should the new pasted book not fit the filtered conditions it then removes the filter to be able to display and select the pasted book. In this case the book does fit the condition, but the when it goes to select the book, the list view has not yet updated to reflect the new book.

I have added a minimal computer time delay of nanoseconds before the selection, this lets the table view update before the selection actually happens.

It will however still reset the filtered conditions when the pasted book can't be displayed with the current filter. Changes are live in the Bookpedia beta.