Abe Books missing hits

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
scf
Contributor
Contributor

Abe Books missing hits

Post by scf »

Searches hitting in Abe Books often are missing some (many) of the possible hits. For example, searching in Bookpedia with "0151004153" as the search string returns one hit, which actually has some incorrect information. It misses the other 71 hits.
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Abe Books missing hits

Post by Conor »

ISBN searches were limited to the first result, in the assumption that the user did not need a large number of results for what would essentially be the same book. You are correct that the other listings might have better information. I have removed the limit in the beta.
scf
Contributor
Contributor

Post by scf »

Thanks for the reply. I've downloaded the beta and am trying it.

Searches using words targeted at Abe are still way off. Search using "always go first class marks laurence" (without quotes) gets no relevant hits that I can see; putting that string into the Keyword field on Abe directly comes up with the correct book at the top of the list.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thanks for the sample search. The AbeBooks API relies heavily on the presence of an ISBN. Since this book does not have an ISBN for most of the listing, it does not appear in the search results for Bookpedia.

I have updated the search to be more lenient with books with no ISBNs. You should not get search results for "always go first class marks laurence" in the beta version.