PocketPedia 3.4.3 display and sorting bugs

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
randian
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

PocketPedia 3.4.3 display and sorting bugs

Post by randian »

The examples are from CDpedia data.

1) In PocketPedia, if you sort a collection by Artist it displays Sort Artist in the grey bar(s). It should not, PocketPedia should always display Artist in the grey bar even when it's sorting by Sort Artist.

2) In PocketPedia, if you sort by Artist (Last) it correctly displays Artist in the grey bar. Unfortunately, PocketPedia isn't sorting correctly. As a simple example, imagine I'm sorting Lacuna Coil and Evergrey by Artist (Last). In CDpedia, this would cause Lacuna Coil to be listed under "C", before Evergrey. Since it should be listed under "L", after Evergrey, I added a Sort Artist of "LacunaCoil". Problem solved in CDpedia. PocketPedia still displays Lacuna Coil under "C" because it appears to ignore Sort Artist when sorting by Artist (Last).
Last edited by randian on Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
randian
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Re: PocketPedia 3.4.3 display and sorting bugs

Post by randian »

Is this not a bug?
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Sorry I had not replied. I am still trying to get to the bottom of the bug and get it fixed. I tend to reply with a link to the beta version, but this one is proving tricky, I haven't been able to replicate it. But I am still setting up my fields correctly to use the sort artist.
randian
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by randian »

Can't reproduce? Argh! Here's a link to a couple of screenshots showing the problems: https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B0AJtdOXmJfxtd8
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Just wanted to let you know that I have this issue reproduced and marked now as bug #136. Won;t get a fix in the upcoming update as it's actually quite complex to fix, given the current sorting. A lot of the sorting is tied to the displayed section header and hence the two issues.
randian
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by randian »

Conor wrote:Just wanted to let you know that I have this issue reproduced and marked now as bug #136. Won;t get a fix in the upcoming update as it's actually quite complex to fix, given the current sorting. A lot of the sorting is tied to the displayed section header and hence the two issues.
Yay! Thanks for your persistence.