Douban Plugin fails

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
caorongjin
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Douban Plugin fails

Post by caorongjin »

Hi there,

I've noticed since moving to a new computer that the Douban Plugin does not work with Bookpedia. Looking at the Console, I get:

Code: Select all

07/02/2017 3:34:11.220 pm Bookpedia[48164]: Error loading /Users/me/Dropbox/Apps/Bookpedia/Plug-ins/DoubanBooks.plugin/Contents/MacOS/DoubanBooks:  dlopen(/Users/me/Dropbox/Apps/Bookpedia/Plug-ins/DoubanBooks.plugin/Contents/MacOS/DoubanBooks, 265): no suitable image found.  Did find:
	/Users/me/Dropbox/Apps/Bookpedia/Plug-ins/DoubanBooks.plugin/Contents/MacOS/DoubanBooks: mach-o, but wrong architecture
Incidentally, I wrote the Douban Plugin! :)

Alex
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Douban Plugin fails

Post by Conor »

Hi Alex,

Your new computer is 64-bit and hence Bookpedia is running in 64-bit mode and can only load 64-bit plugins. Two options: Open the latest Xcode and rebuild a new version of the plugin that will include 64-bit support (does this automatically by rebuilding) and replace the plugin. Second option use "File -> Get Info" on Bookpedia and check the "Open in 32-bit mode" check box. When you relaunch Bookpedia it will launch in the older 32-bit mode that is currently still supported by the latest version and it will be able to load the 32-bit plugin.

- Conor
caorongjin
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by caorongjin »

Dear Conor,

Thank you for this. The plugin does seem to work in 32-bit mode but iSight does not.

I will have to setup my development environment again (it has been a while) and recompile.

Kind regards,
Alex
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Indeed iSight has two different code paths for 64-bit and 32-bit. It's likely the element that will force me to rewrite and make Bookpedia 64-bit only in the future.