Not access to Amazon anymore

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.

Not access to Amazon anymore

Postby PascalB » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:19 pm

Hi everyone,

Since last week, I can no longer access Amazon from BookPedia and CDPedia, yet I have made no changes or updates.

I checked my keys in the AWS and everything is OK.

In doubt, I erased my old keys and I created new ones.

It does not work, I have the message "Your AKIAISA36O3HBZSCV3UQ is not registered as an Amazon Associate. Please register as an associate at ..."

I think it's the Associate Id that does not work. Before it was my Amazon login email address.

Is there anything changed?

Thanks,

Pascal
PascalB
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Re: Not access to Amazon anymore

Postby Conor » Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:50 am

Amazon updated their system so that the email address used for the web services has to be linked with the associate login as well. If the email address are different you can add the second email address as a secondary in the associate tab under account settings. You can follow the URL in the error message to make the changes to the associate account and link it.

Otherwise you can use the beta method mentioned here. Sorry about the extra steps with the recent changes.
Conor
Top Dog

Postby PascalB » Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:41 am

Thank you Conor.

The error message is not complete, that's why I put some..., so I have no link to click.

And the problem now is that I deleted my old keys and replaced them with new ones.
PascalB
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Postby Conor » Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:31 pm

Thank you for letting me know, I'll look at making the error message area bigger.

You can get the complete message from the Console log. Using the Application called Console in /Applications/Utilities, as all errors get sent there by the Pedias.
Conor
Top Dog

Postby PascalB » Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:50 pm

Conor wrote:Thank you for letting me know, I'll look at making the error message area bigger.

You can get the complete message from the Console log. Using the Application called Console in /Applications/Utilities, as all errors get sent there by the Pedias.
Better late than never, thank you again for your prompt reply.

I tried what you said but for the time being, no success with the secondary address recorded. I will try again.
PascalB
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Postby Conor » Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:31 pm

Do try the Amazon Test option to get you up and running.
Conor
Top Dog

Postby PascalB » Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:02 am

Conor wrote:Do try the Amazon Test option to get you up and running.
Thanks very much Conor.

I have downloaded CDPedia and BookPedia and both are working well !
PascalB
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Postby audacious » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:33 pm

I am having the same issue. When attempting to obtain this Associates ID I am required to enter my URL. I do not have a URL as I am not looking for referral commission.
I did try the beta test and that worked.
audacious
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Return to Bug Reports