DVDPedia links make the app crash

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
jumping

DVDPedia links make the app crash

Post by jumping »

HI!
I have a huge problem!

I'm used to link my DVDPedia movies to some pages of my Tumblr blog.

BUT, when I try to watch a link of a movie, i get this:

With some links I have a "half dark page" AND a complete freeze of the app, like with this one:
http://cinema-e-altro.tumblr.com/post/6 ... bling-ring

With others I have a normal readable page, BUT the app freezes anyway! Example:
http://cinema-e-altro.tumblr.com/post/6 ... i-nihonjin

I upgraded to High Sierra, and I have the last 5.6 DVDPedia version.

My problem looks very similar -I think- to the one in this thread:
https://bruji.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f ... ink#p25708
but with DVDPedia.

Can you please help? Thanks!

Daniel
Conor
Top Dog

Re: DVDPedia links make the app crash

Post by Conor »

It's a regression bug in MacOS 10.13 (High Sierra). We are looking to work around it in the next version and will let you know when we have a beta ready for testing. Might take a little time as the work around requires a 10.12+ only version of the Pedias.
jumping

Post by jumping »

Hi Conor!

Thanks for your reply..
I'll wait for the updated version, then ;)

Daniel
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

I have it ready, it's just a little rough around the edges. I want to do a little more, so that I can get more valuable feedback from the beta. But I will release the first beta soon.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

First of the betas is ready with a completely replaced details web view engine. Not only should it fix the bugs but should be faster as well. The betas are 10.12+ only and can be found at the usual links. The betas will self update to the latest betas as we go along (or that is the plan as an updated self updater is also included).

Bookpedia
DVDpedia
CDpedia
Gamepedia

If you are already on the beta you must manually download this version the first time. Feel free to rename it without the beta version and use it as your regular version.
Arun

Post by Arun »

Hello all guys
If you're experiencing crashes when using DVDPedia and its links, you may need to troubleshoot the issue. Here are some steps to consider:

Update the App: Make sure you have the latest version of DVDPedia installed. Developers often release updates to fix bugs and improve stability.

Check for Compatibility: Ensure that DVDPedia is compatible with your operating system. Some older apps may not work correctly on newer OS versions.
Arun

Post by Arun »

Conor wrote:It's a regression bug in MacOS 10.13 (High Sierra). We are looking to work around it in the next version and will let you know when we have a beta ready for testing. Might take a little time as the work around requires a 10.12+ only version of the Pedias.
Hi friend
Thank you for taking care of the stability bug in macOS 10.13. Being committed to a repaired and a coming beta for testing, even if it takes some time, is highly valued.