Pedia 5.9.1 Beta Bugs

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
FineWine
Site Admin

Pedia 5.9.1 Beta Bugs

Post by FineWine »

HOW ABOUT WE JUST REPORT ALL PEDIA 5.9 BETA BUGS IN THE ONE TOPIC

1 - Previous versions if you hovered over links they appeared in the bottom status bar as the link or Filter by: ****** this no longer occurs.
  • Known Bug: I have filed a bug with Apple to expose the mouse hover on the new API, I can't tell were the mouse is, not even on the click, doing some work around to create the menus, by looking at what Apple would have copied on the click. Think I can work around it with some Javascript, but would need to modify the templates, that I would like to avoid.
2 - When "Open links in an external browser" is selected (ticked) yes they do open in "external browser" but they also open in the "Details View" panel, NOT the pedia's full internal browser. To clear that bug you click on another entry.
  • Fixed 88
3 - If in this process you select a text link it opens only one page/tab in the "external browser" BUT if you select a numerical link (imdb, asin, upc) the "external browser" opens the link twice then multiple other links to social media and other nonsensical links pages/tabs. This occurs in standard Detail View templates and the Extra's Templates.
  • Fixed 88
OK that's all for now. Will continue testing DVDpedia & Start Bookpedia later.
FineWine
Site Admin

Re: Pedia 5.9 Beta Bugs

Post by FineWine »

More Bugs or maybe old ones not picked up before:

1 - Movie > IMDb > Location, SoundTracks & Quotes not being picked up
e.g. Across the Universe IMDb 0445922
NOTE: "Open Site" works as should
  • Fixed 88
DanThe
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Re: Pedia 5.9 Beta Bugs

Post by DanThe »

5.9.1 Beta - Reproducible in Bookpedia, CDpedia and DVDpedia

When highlighting text in the viewer area, Cmd+C copies the Title instead of the text that was highlighted.
  • Fixed 88
WORKAROUND: Right-click the highlighted text and select Copy.

EDIT Moderator FineWine: Verified - good catch
Also Edit > Copy & Select All are greyed out whilst Paste is not, previous versions the opposite was the case.
  • Fixed 88
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Pedia 5.9.1 Beta Bugs

Post by Conor »

Like the idea of one central post. I have marked the items directly as I fix them or added info.

To keep things simple I am now only updating the build number, currently 88 while I work in a specific section like the details view. Once I move to a new section, I'll update the version number and can start a new post if necessary (if the thread gets too long).
FineWine
Site Admin

Post by FineWine »

Thanks Conor - build 88 - all the above bugs verified fixed,

Except Movie > IMDb > Quotes not being picked up Across the Universe IMDb 0445922 Quotes

Do take time to come up for air and smell the roses with your family :D

EDIT: Just added my first DVD in 5.9.1 build 88. No crashes now, very fast, Doghouse contribution and Mirror great (and very fast).
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Pushed DVDpedia to 89, with the Quotes change.
Do take time to come up for air and smell the roses with your family :D
Making sure to do so, 2 and 4 is such a good age, hence why this update has taken a couple of months longer to get done. :D
No crashes now, very fast,
Even more improvement in the pipeline. Hoping to move the image loading to be done in the background, the serach will feel faster if the image comes in as you are looking at the already delivered results. Although, I will need an animation for the image location, let the user it's still loading. So, not sure if it might be too distracting.
FineWine
Site Admin

Post by FineWine »

All good with build 89
Conor wrote:Even more improvement in the pipeline. Hoping to move the image loading to be done in the background, the serach will feel faster if the image comes in as you are looking at the already delivered results. Although, I will need an animation for the image location, let the user it's still loading. So, not sure if it might be too distracting.
Yes all that would be great. Was nearly going to comment about the lack of speed in the search with its perceptible stop of the loading gear wheel icon during loading of info but thought it might be just the way things are with these huge sites these days but when I look at the speed of loading of Movie > IMDb > various results, I realised it was the images being the problem.

Thanks Conor - look forward to more improvements and the initial release of V6 with maybe some new surprises :D
Kat518
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Kat518 »

In the Bookpedia beta, I don't have the problem of the software completely freezing when clicking on a book title with an Amazon url any longer, but I still can't get it to load the Amazon page. All I get is a spinning circle on a white page. I am able to click the "done" button and it closes the window and I can continue. If I right mouse click and choose "Open URL", that does bring me to the Amazon page and works like clicking on the book title used to.

Thanks,
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the bug report, let you know what I find to get it fixed for the next beta.
FineWine
Site Admin

Post by FineWine »

1 - Previous versions if you hovered over links they appeared in the bottom status bar as the link or Filter by: ****** this no longer occurs.

Known Bug: I have filed a bug with Apple to expose the mouse hover on the new API, I can't tell were the mouse is, not even on the click, doing some work around to create the menus, by looking at what Apple would have copied on the click. Think I can work around it with some Javascript, but would need to modify the templates, that I would like to avoid.
This appears to be fixed in DVDpedia 5.9.1 beta 93, BUT NOT Bookpedia 5.9.1 beta 93
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thank you. Fixed. Missing javascript files for the templates to load and be able to read the link information. Will be in the upcoming beta release.
DanThe
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by DanThe »

Album Cover Refresh Issue
CDpedia 5.9.1 Beta 94

To Reproduce:
1. Select an album with a cover image size of around 500 px X 500 px.
2. Click on that image to open it and visually note the size.
3. Close the image but leave CDpedia open at that album.
4. Download a bigger version of that image (at least double the size or more). (A good site to get these would be https://fanart.tv/)
5. Click and drag the new image over the current album cover (500 x 500). This will overwrite the current file with the new one.
6. Click on that image again to open it and note that even though this is a bigger image, the size in the viewer windows remains the same as it was in step 2.

A workaround is to select another album then reselect the one with the new image. Clicking the image once more now shows the new size in the viewer dialog.

I have not tested this in the other Pedia apps.

February 3, 2018
Another issue with covers that I found in the past but did not report that until now.
The cover viewer skews the image size.

To reproduce:
1. In an album click a cover image to view.
2. Find the cover location in Finder and open it in Preview.
3. Compare the image in step 1 with the one in step 2.

Note that the width is OK but the height of both images is not.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the steps. I've been trying to replicate the first one for a while and have failed. The second one at quick glance as well. Can you send me some of the images that you are seeing this for. I think the bug might be related to the DPI of the image, so I would need the specific image. The size of the image is listed differently and the image has a large DPI. Making it look large in Preview that does not honor the DPI, where CDpedia will open the image to the intended size set in the metadata.
DanThe
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by DanThe »

Here is an image to test with. Could also be used to test the first one in case that one is a DPI issue as well.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/39ic3x76naoo6 ... c.jpg?dl=0

This image can also be found at...

https://fanart.tv/artist/79491354-3d83- ... ep-purple/
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thank you, still getting the correct behavior but will keep at it.

By the way the fanart.tv is a great resource, useful to know about the website.