Sorting with multiple authors from Delicious import

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
bigjim
Inductee
Inductee

Sorting with multiple authors from Delicious import

Post by bigjim »

New to BookPedia – recently got fed up with Delicious and switched, importing that library. I'm impressed with the sorting, except that when there are multiple authors in the imported library, it's sorting by the last author rather than the first author. So a book by Cat Rambo and Fran Wilde shows up with Cat Rambo's name as the only one displaying in the list, but sorted just in front of Oscar Wilde.

I also imported a new book with multiple authors directly into BookPedia, and it displays with all the authors' names separated by commas, correctly sorted by the first author's name.

I'm hoping this is an easy fix, because the library is rather large and I'd prefer not to re-enter the affected books.
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Sorting with multiple authors from Delicious import

Post by Conor »

Thank you for giving Bookpedia a try. :D

Sounds simply like the comma that came from delicious library is not really a comma and is messing up the sorting. When you edit a book, each author should appear in it's own little bubble.

Instead of hunting down the issue there, let me fix it for you. If you don't mind could you please send me your Bookpedia database. You will find the database in your data folder located in your home folder at ~/Library/Application Support/Bookpedia/Database.bookpd. Use the Finder "Go" menu and hold down the option key and select the "Library" option. Once there navigate to Application Support/Bookpedia and select Database.bookpd and use the "Compress" command under the main "File" menu. This will create a .zip version that you can then attach to an email message.

I can fix it and get the file back to you, to replace your data file without Bookpedia running. I can also make sure to update the importer to fix the issue for others.

Kind regards,
Conor