Bookpedia Crashes when Opening Amazon URL

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
manjusri
Contributor
Contributor

Bookpedia Crashes when Opening Amazon URL

Post by manjusri »

Hello. Whenever I click on either the title of a book in my database or right-click and select "Open URL," Amazon launches within Bookpedia and the program freezes. The Amazon page does not fully load, I get the spinning beachball, and in the Force Quit menu Bookpedia says "(Application Not Responding)." Is this a known bug? Is there a fix? Thank youl
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Bookpedia Crashes when Opening Amazon URL

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the accurate bug report. It's a bug with MacOS 10.13. The fix requires that the program support only 10.12 only, so the fix is only in the beta version, please download it and use it as you regular version.
manjusri
Contributor
Contributor

Post by manjusri »

Thank you! The beta version works perfectly. Should I just drop the original version into the Trash or should I clean out the original files using AppCleaner? Thanks so much.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Just drop the old version in the trash and rename the beta.

Be careful with apps like App Cleaner or CleanMyMac, they might trash your data folder when you delete the other Bookpedia. As all your data is stored in ~/Library/Application Support/Bookpedia, and these apps see this folder as part of the program and delete it when you remove the program with App Cleaner.
manjusri
Contributor
Contributor

Post by manjusri »

Great. Done. Thank you for the quick responses and resolution of the issue!