Cdpedia export generates the same problems

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
Lost Highway
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Cdpedia export generates the same problems

Post by Lost Highway »

Hi Connor,

the CDpedia export is still creating the same mistakes as in the last years.
BUT this time I am working with brand new hardware (two 2018 iMacs)

when I save my collection as an .cdpedia export file I'm still getting the following mistakes:
1. The counter doubles the last listening date in the new version
2. All fields with a self created name are loosing the new name after opening my collection on the new iMac.
3. The self created presentation ist not available on the new iMac. Everything is send back to the standard.

I sent you some pictures last time to give you a better idea what the problems are.
Do you think that the problem will be solved in the near future? Would be really great.
Or are you still working on a cloud version?

Best regards Lost Highway
Lost Highway
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Re: Cdpedia export generates the same problems

Post by Lost Highway »

Hi Conor,

do you need more informations or explanations for the problem?

CU Highway
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

I am trying to track down the bug with the doubling of the last listening date, when importing of the .cdpedia file. I think it should be down to not seeing the date as exactly the same. But haven't been quite able to find it yet.

The other two bugs I am not sure are bugs.

The custom fields have they named stored in the preference file and would not be imported with any data. You would need to copy the com.bruji.cdpedia.plist file from the old Mac to the new Mac in ~/Library/Preferences folder or retype the names in the preferences. This has always been a global variable, one that causes issues for a small group of users that use several databases with different values for the custom columns.

Same for the details view, this one is part of the data folder in a folder name "InfoTemplates" in your ~/Library/Application Support/CDpedia that you would need to copy from the old Mac to the new Mac to bring the templates with you.

basically the .cdpedia export is limited to the collection information only and not all the global variables that you are using in that local CDpedia. If moving for entire data folder, it's easier to do by copying the entire data folder ~/Library/Application Support/CDpedia. But I know you have a spec setup that does not make that as easy between your computers.
Lost Highway
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by Lost Highway »

The custom fields have they named stored in the preference file and would not be imported with any data.
Yes - all datas will be exported and imported. Only the customs field will be set back to the original.

Are you still working on a cloud version?
I think that that would solve all problems.

It's a lot of work to rearrange everything. Because sometimes I'm working an Mac Nr. 1 - sometimes on Mac Nr. 2.

Best regards
Highway
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

The cloud version is on the table, but now with the reworking of iCloud to be more like Dropbox and the use of Dropbox or iCloud for the data folder, it's on hold until I have finished the update of the core to 10.12 only and then re-evaluate with the latest changes in MacOS.