Suggestion : add sites Allociné and Movicovers for France

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
bellhuey56

Suggestion : add sites Allociné and Movicovers for France

Post by bellhuey56 »

Hi everybody,

I just discovered DVDpedia a fews days ago, and all I have to say is "Woooow !... What a great software to manage my movies" !
In fact before I used Ant Movie Catalog on PC, then Filmotech on Mac, and now I am ready to migrate on DVDpedia, that seems for me the best.

But, as a french guy, I am a little disappointed to not see my 2 favourites sites to gather information : Allociné and Moviecovers.

These 2 websites are the 2 main information sources from movies in France, really used a lot. Almost all cataloging softwares include it, so I think that to make DVDpedia really perfect (at least for the french), it has to include these 2 websites in the search feature.

I don't find anything about this on the forum. Is someone develops something ? Is it possible to develop his own script ?
Is it possible to imagine see these 2 new sites one day in DVDpedia ?

Thanks a lot for your job !
Romain.
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Suggestion : add sites Allociné and Movicovers for France

Post by Conor »

Welcome to DVDpedia, thank you for the feedback. Will add these two sites to our list of possibilities. The current architecture for plug-ins is open, but it requires Xcode and a little programming knowledge as it uses ObjectiveC. You can find more information here about creating a plug-in and here.
paulhen
Inductee
Inductee

Re: Suggestion : add sites Allociné and Movicovers for Franc

Post by paulhen »

Hello,

I love this software ! But, as bellhuey56, I am French and it will be so good if it was possible to have the website allocine.com in the sources. allocine.com is, for many french, the best movie's data base in french for french.
Do you think it will be possible to add this source ?

Thanks,
cortig
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by cortig »

Conor wrote:Welcome to DVDpedia, thank you for the feedback. Will add these two sites to our list of possibilities.

I saw on the release notes of the last update for DVDPedia:
“Allocine, Sensacine, Filmstart and Screenrush plugins updated to use JSON. (All four plugins available for download from our Extras page.)”

I looked in the Extra page and couldn't find them. Are they simply not up yet or did-I miss them?

Corentin
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Sadly right after completing the update (a couple of weeks ago) the API became limited to specific partners, seems to be accessible now only for the official Allocine iOS apps and Windows application. If they open up the API to other third party users we will be sure to put them back up. I forgot to remove the information from the release notes, I have updated the release notes. Thank you for pointing it out.
cortig
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by cortig »

Conor wrote:Sadly right after completing the update (a couple of weeks ago) the API became limited to specific partners, seems to be accessible now only for the official Allocine iOS apps and Windows application. If they open up the API to other third party users we will be sure to put them back up. I forgot to remove the information from the release notes, I have updated the release notes. Thank you for pointing it out.

Thanks a million for letting us know. I'll stop looking on the Extra page then ;-)

Corentin
Ange
Inductee
Inductee

Post by Ange »

Hi all,

I've seen that the last message about allocine is in june, and since this date it seems to be some changes (less restrictions) about the Allocine API if we have a look of this site (in french, sorry, but it indicates some methods to get info from Allocine...)

http://wiki.gromez.fr/dev/api/allocine_v3 (last update in sept 13)

Perhaps come soon a solution with allocine !
(i'm not (more) a developer...)
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the information. This is the website we used to create the original plugin. I think the owner has left it up and not updated the information, as this is the API that is now blocked to be used only by their iPhone app. But I will keep an eye on the site in case they update with any information.