MediaPedia

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
Diatribe
Contributor
Contributor

MediaPedia

Post by Diatribe »

I know you guys will eventually merge all three Pedias into one app, I was just wondering as to when you think you'll be doing this. I don't want an exact date just an approximation of when.
Thanks, and keep up the great work.
Farbi
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by Farbi »

I do not think that it would be wise to combine the pedias. iPhoto and iTunes are also two seperate programs. Moreover, the Multimediapedia would be more expensive than the solutions for one of the media.
A discount would be a good idea if someone buys more than one pedia.

Please consider these thoughts if you plan to do it.
Fabian
Diatribe
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Diatribe »

That's why a plug-in system would be great. So everyone could buy the Pedias they want/need. Although for the sake of having one program I'd pay for BookPedia which I hardly use too.
Having so many apps is just a pain and besides the price point I can see no negative but many, many positive aspects.
Anyway, I was just trying to find out how it is coming along.
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

Mediapedia is something that is on our minds but it's probably not going to happen anytime soon. We are working with each of the pedias on a separate feature list since users have a lot of different needs and we have a lot of different ideas for the the individual apps. Eventually we want to get all the pedias to more or less the same standard and level of features so that hopefully combining them won't be too hard. But as one user pointed out to us, other developers have tried combining apps and failed, so we really don't know yet what's going to happen.
We've also heard from users who said they wouldn't be interested in a combined app - I don't know if this is because people who watch DVDs don't have books or people who read books don't have CDs ;) - but it seems they just want a simple and clean app without a lot of extras.
As far as pricing is concerned - since we haven't even started working on this we have no clue what the price for Mediapedia would be. The bundle price for the three existing pedias is $39 so that might be a reference point when we actually get into the working stages but at this point we are concentrating on other things. (Big DVDpedia update coming out soon :))
Regards,
Nora
teacher24_70
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Multiple pedia

Post by teacher24_70 »

Just to put an additional vote in for future consideration, I would be interested in having one application that combines all three medias. I have a TON of movies and books. I have purchased Bookpedia, but use DVD Cache for my movies, because at this point, it's still freeware.

I like the idea of being able to search/add books, movies, etc., in ONE application.

MediaMan or Windows seems to have done a nice job integrating all 3 plus has a category for games.

[quote="Nora"]Mediapedia is something that is on our minds but it's probably not going to happen anytime soon. . . . We've also heard from users who said they wouldn't be interested in a combined app - I don't know if this is because people who watch DVDs don't have books or people who read books don't have CDs ;) - but it seems they just want a simple and clean app without a lot of extras.