DVD pedia: List of movies within a set

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
elsie

DVD pedia: List of movies within a set

Post by elsie »

It doesn't seem quite right that the DVDs I have that are part of sets don't show up anywhere as individual movies. I'm not sure how this should work. But I'd at least like to able to search for a movie and have it show it even if it is part of a set. It becomes even more important because those DVDs aren't in alpha order on the shelf since they are with the set. It is very easy to forget where it is or even that I have it...

Thanks for asking...

Liz
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Hi Elsie,

Box sets are a complicated matter. It adds complexity to the program but we would still like to integrate it while keeping the program intuitive to use. It something that is on our radar. In the meantime I wanted to let you know how other users have dealt with this. The most popular is to add each movie and then add a general title for box set to keep them together when sorting. This way you can also find individual movies as well as lend them out. For example:

Bond: Die Another Day
Bond: Goldeneye
Bond: Tomorrow Never Dies

Another option is to use a custom field and label them as Box Sets, or list the movies in the set so the search will find them.
elsie

Post by elsie »

Thanks so much, Conor.