DVDpedia: Integrating plugin data

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
movies648

DVDpedia: Integrating plugin data

Post by movies648 »

I'm really enjoying using DVDpedia, but I would like to see one specific thing added. I would like it if the data retrieved from the plugins didn't have to be re-downloaded from the net each time it's selected.

For example, if I want to look at the "trivia" for a movie it downloads the info but doesn't seem to store it anywhere so if I look at the trivia for a different film but then want to go back to the first one then it has to download it again. Ideally, I would like to be able to store that info so that I could view it offline.

I hope this is possible!
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

It was left out in the hopes of keeping the database lean as some of that data, can be quite large. We will look at making a version that stores the information once all the excitement with the Tiger development has died down and we have more time.
movies648

Post by movies648 »

Sounds good.

Perhaps storing the data locally could be an option in the preferences, otherwise it just downloads the data fresh each time. I doubt everyone is as fascinated with the trivia and goofs listed on IMDB.

Thanks!