Mymovies (it) support

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
samu-mac
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Mymovies (it) support

Post by samu-mac »

Hello, was wondering about mymovies support of DVDpedia

actually i saw it working on a movie database on a windows machine and works just great, expecially for covers, that many other database fails or has low quality (i'm talking about italian based databases as i import all the informations with my mother language) and then after getting other details i have to set up again covers one by one!

Cheers and merry chrismas!
Nora
Site Admin

Re: Mymovies (it) support

Post by Nora »

Since there are already 4 different Italian search sites in DVDpedia (not counting Amazon IT) we don't have any plans to add another one anytime soon. But if you have some programming experience you're welcome to write a plug-in yourself for mymovies.it. You can read more about that on the plug-in page.

Did you check out our blog post about doing cover searches? That might come in handy too.
samu-mac
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by samu-mac »

Nora wrote:Since there are already 4 different Italian search sites in DVDpedia (not counting Amazon IT) we don't have any plans to add another one anytime soon. But if you have some programming experience you're welcome to write a plug-in yourself for mymovies.it. You can read more about that on the plug-in page.

Did you check out our blog post about doing cover searches? That might come in handy too.
Hey Nora

yes i saw italian language is pretty supported but mymovies really rocks versus DVDstore or DVDit etc... and it recognize the film title better.
I use leotab for change the cover, it's fast but you understand that have it good by default when importing is better.

I understand you are really busy and so.. as i have no code experience i may launch a shout here if someone, you or a third person will have the time and the will of make it avaible^^

Mymovies.it support would be cool^^
samu-mac
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by samu-mac »

i have to refresh this topic... i think this italian website is the only decent about correct and complete results!

DVDit and others fails really often and i was able to enjoy how good works information through this website on the movie organizer i have on the windows machine!

Please can you put on the list also the support of this website? would be awesome..
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

Our to do list is long and distinguished so I'm afraid another Italian search plug-in doesn't feature prominently on it. :) Especially since they don't offer an API to developers. But thank you for the feedback.
samu-mac
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by samu-mac »

OK Nora, thanks for the answer i will swet hard on manual fixes so :p

Dont forget pixel height criteria when you have time to spend on it ^^