AppleScript commands

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
Wondercow
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

AppleScript commands

Post by Wondercow »

Would it be possible to get an AppleScript dictionary added to the pedias (namely DVDpedia)? The two most important commands that I'd like to request are is fullscreen as boolean and fullscreen as a verb.

Thanks for listening!
Nora
Site Admin

Re: AppleScript commands

Post by Nora »

Thanks for the feedback. Adding an AppleScript dictionary is tricky because the structure inside DVDpedia is quite complex for the entries. However since your request is about the full screen view, which is different, we can put that on our to do list for the future.
Wondercow
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by Wondercow »

Thanks Nora. As you can probably tell (between this and my "lock fullscreen" suggestions) I'm having a bit of an problem keeping DVDpedia in fullscreen mode. I use it to serve up my film library on my home theatre and sometimes there are issuses that pop up and knock DVDpedia back to list view. If this happens in conjunction with a crash or a system shutdown/restart then the app doesn't restart in fullscreen view. Thus, a simple AppleScript to check if fullscreen is active and, if not, activate it would be quite useful.

I'll hold out hope, but I won't hold my breath :D
democrite
Contributor
Contributor

Post by democrite »

I think this would be nice too. iTunes has a very nice AppleScript model and perhaps that is a way to base the Pedia's upon.

Like I can highlight records and get and set properties like name, artist, genre, and the like. This makes things such as search and replace thru AppleScript much easier, and even possible.