Pocketpedia3

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
ragana
Contributor
Contributor

Pocketpedia3

Post by ragana »

Finally! after a long wait I have my cd collection on my iphone, the app is exactly what I need, I miss just a few details on PP3:
- A little of customization. Fields, background etc.
- It shows the date of each item as dd/mm/yyyy while on my cdpedia is just yyyy
- A better icon :wink:
Thanks, good job guys.
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Pocketpedia3

Post by Conor »

Glad you got the WiFi going and the sync. Thank you for the feedback. The new Pocketpedia will pick up the field order from the Pedias so that is customizable in the preference in DVDpedia under fields, drag and drop to rearrange and the checkbox to turn off. Thank you for the suggestion about picking up the date format as well for specific fields as in the Pedias, right now Pocketpedia uses the preference on the iPhone on how to display dates. The icon is awesome. :)
grasstust
Captain
Captain

Post by grasstust »

Thanx for PP3, love it!

I would like to have some way to browse by cover. I was a little dissapointed when I tapped a cover, it filled the screen, but when I tried to slide it to the side it wouldn't go to the cover of the next film.

Oh, and the icon is nice! Keep it! :)
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

We definitely want to add a cover view in the future, thanks for adding your vote to that. (There are so many features we would have liked to add to this release but then Pocketpedia 3 would have never seen the light of day... :))
sjk
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by sjk »

grasstust wrote:I would like to have some way to browse by cover. I was a little dissapointed when I tapped a cover, it filled the screen, but when I tried to slide it to the side it wouldn't go to the cover of the next film.
Same here! Even though I don't want to flip through entries like this in all my collections it's kind of frustrating when I stubbornly try and am unable to since it's such a common, natural gesture in so many iOS apps. :)
Pasicci
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Pasicci »

ragana wrote: - A better icon :wink:
Wow, this was my first remark (on another thread) too
blackp
Contributor
Contributor

Post by blackp »

Rather than having to scroll thru the alphabetical list of titles/authors I would like to be able to search my _pedia data on my mobile device instead of having the doghouse search. One of the main reasons I want my data on my iPhone is to prevent me purchasing duplicates - something I've done several times. Cookbook publishers are the worst - they frequently re-publish books with new covers, but with the same recipes you already have in the one at home.

The doghouse search is a good thing when I'm home and have access to my mac, but (at least for me) it isn't very useful when I'm out. A search function on my own data would be more helpful to me.

Regards,

Peter.
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

Of course there is a search for your own data as well. You'll find it at the top of the collection listing both on the iPhone and the iPad, where it says the name of the collection you're in, for example "Library". Double-tap the top to get there fast if you're in the middle of a list.
sitenoise
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by sitenoise »

that double tap to bring back the search field doesn't work for me :(
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

You have to tap as far towards the top as possible. On the iPhone, this would be where the clock is for example. (Not the bar underneath that displays the name of the collection such as "Library".)
lanval
Inductee
Inductee

Post by lanval »

I'd like to see the app use the iPhone camera to easily add items by scanning barcodes.
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

On our list already for the future. Thanks for the feedback.
reumut
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by reumut »

After a long waiting time. Thanks for the great App.
One wish i have. Is it possible to make the shown fields independent from what is shown in DVDPedia. I don't need all used DVDPedia fields in PocketPedia on tour.
thx
Michael
Last edited by reumut on Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
reumut
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by reumut »

Conor wrote:The new Pocketpedia will pick up the field order from the Pedias so that is customizable in the preference in DVDpedia under fields, drag and drop to rearrange and the checkbox to turn off.
Hi Connor,
this will not work for me. Which fields preference (Add/Edit window, the details view or the full screen mode) should i have to use?
thx
Michael
TeeJay2012
Inductee
Inductee

Post by TeeJay2012 »

Nora wrote:Of course there is a search for your own data as well. You'll find it at the top of the collection listing both on the iPhone and the iPad, where it says the name of the collection you're in, for example "Library". Double-tap the top to get there fast if you're in the middle of a list.
Search works well using this shortcut rather than scrolling to the top - slow when you have big collection.
This short cut works in "Contacts" app, so consistent UI. Thank you!