CDPedia: some iTunes suggestions

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
garynunes
Captain
Captain

CDPedia: some iTunes suggestions

Post by garynunes »

After using CDPedia to enter my CD collection and noting that CDPedia correctly linked about a third of the entries to iTunes I suggest the following:

1)
The search criteria used to establish a connection between an entry in CDPedia and an entry in iTunes needs to be "loosened". Think google-like (i.e., "flexible" spelling allowed, "contains/part of" matching rather then exact matching, ignore common words such as "the", "and", etc.). If more then one iTunes entry "matches" a CDPedia entry then put up a list and let the user decide which match is correct.

2)
Allow the CDPedia user, as a last resort, to explicitly choose the iTunes entry that should connect to the CDPedia entry.

Note: after entering my CDs and seeing that most of them weren't showing up with iTune links a tried importing from iTunes. That resulted in a crash of CDPedia (bug report filed in another topic) so I wasn't able to tell whether that would have addressed any of my problems.

Regards,
Gary Nunes