BP: dropdown menus not "keeping place"

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
vanderdecker
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

BP: dropdown menus not "keeping place"

Post by vanderdecker »

I've noticed this in the Extras>Location pane, though I doubt it's unique to that; presumably, it happens with every dropdown menu of autofilled items.

Situation: I'm adding an entry and using previously entered and thus autofilled text, "Storage 2" for example. I start typing, and it quickly autofills a similar phrase that comes first alphabetically, "Storage 1." Because they're the same until the last character, the only way to get the second is to type the whole thing, which goes against the whole point of autofill.

But if I press the down-arrow, rather than going down immediately to the next entry, the choices start at the very beginning. So if my autofill list for the field is
Box 1
Box 2
Box 3
Box 4
Box 5
Storage 1
Storage 2

and I start typing Stor (and thus Storage 1 is entered) and press the down-arrow, rather then selecting the next item (Storage 2) it goes back to the very first item, Box 1, where instead it ought to go to the next item.
Conor
Top Dog

Re: BP: dropdown menus not "keeping place"

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the expansive details, it helped me duplicate the bug in a few minutes and narrow down on the issue with exactly the same possabilities in the autofill list.

Download the beta version of Bookpedia and it shall now select the current completed item from the drop down. So that the first press of the down arrow key will show the drop down with Storage 1 highlighted and the second press will move to Storage 2 and enter will select it.
vanderdecker
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Re: BP: dropdown menus not "keeping place"

Post by vanderdecker »

Fixes it, thanks.