for a more series-friendly DVDpedia (and more)

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
meedows

for a more series-friendly DVDpedia (and more)

Post by meedows »

Hello Bruji

I think it would be nice if DVDpedia handled series differently than it does the movies.

for example, I don't think it's necessary to have the title of the series repeated over and over with each line.

It could display the title only on the first line (same goes for seasons).

It would show the title of the series on the first line even if the list is scrolled down.

We could also imagine a computer-like tree view which could display only the chosen seasons.

And maybe it could automatically order the episodes by Title of the series > Season number > Episode number rather than having to use the sorting name field

And on a totally different matter, it ould be nice if DVDpedia allowed to have at least two colors in the title field.
It could be use to ad some info on a movie without beeing forced to create another column just for a few items.
I'm thinking about something like that :

Thank you very much !
Conor
Top Dog

Re: for a more series-friendly DVDpedia (and more)

Post by Conor »

Thank you so much for the detailed feedback. There some really good ideas there and we will keep them in mind. I really like the idea of a subtitle as users are always adding more information to the title than just the title.

Do keep in mind that the sorting is 6 levels deep, so that you can sort by episode first -> then season -> and finally by series to sort them in their order instead of using the sort title field. Does mean three click instead of one, so if doing a lot or resorting the sort field is much more convenient to have filled out.
Rigido
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by Rigido »

Conor wrote:I really like the idea of a subtitle as users are always adding more information to the title than just the title.
+1 for me too.
With BRs and DVDs there are (almost) always more info other than just the title: Director's cut, Extended Edition, Collector's Edition and so on...

Meedows, mock-ups are really good. :)
FineWine
Site Admin

Post by FineWine »

Rigido wrote:
Conor wrote:I really like the idea of a subtitle as users are always adding more information to the title than just the title.
+1 for me too.
With BRs and DVDs there are (almost) always more info other than just the title: Director's cut, Extended Edition, Collector's Edition and so on...

Meedows, mock-ups are really good. :)
+1 me as well
meedows

Post by meedows »

Yeah, mock-up king !
I love those…

I'm thrilled than those ideas got to you

In fact, I got a few more…
Should I post'em here or what ?
Really, I don't want to overflood anything so I don't know…
but I got some, for sure…

there's… there's some mock-ups coming if you want those thoughts
mmmmm?
Whadjathink, then ?