Search Plug-ins for New Zealand

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
FineWine
Site Admin

Search Plug-ins for New Zealand

Post by FineWine »

Is there any chance for two new Search Plug-ins. They would be New Zealand specific.

The first one is easy. It is JB HiFi NZ as opposed to the existing JB HiFi which is Australian centric. They both use the same API except all things NZ. Of course you would have to relabel the existing one to JB HiFi Au.

The second is for The Warehouse which apart from JB HiFi NZ is the largest DVD retailer in NZ. They also use the correct NZ UPC on their website which is search-able.

Cheers
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Search Plug-ins for New Zealand

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the info. Should not be to much trouble to add the New Zealand version to the current JB HiFi. If the sites are similar enough maybe I can even be smart about it and switch to the New Zealand URL based on the locale set for the computer. I'll take a look at the other one and see how easy it would be to implement for the UPC.
FineWine
Site Admin

Post by FineWine »

Any movement on these?

Cheers
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

I did try to modify the JB HiFI, but the New Zealand site is using the old code from JB so it's a completely different site. You can see it in the search URL already:

Code: Select all

https://www.jbhifi.com.au/Search/results/?keywords=red%20dog
https://shop.jbhifi.co.nz/support.aspx?post=1&results=10&q=Red+Dog&source=all&bnSearch=Go%21
Other than that there has been no movement as the other two solution require more work and fall in the priority list of things to get done. :)
FineWine
Site Admin

Post by FineWine »

Oh well us Kiwi's do like to be different. I will be patient :)

Thanks