Filename of cover art

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
renebonvanie
Contributor
Contributor

Filename of cover art

Post by renebonvanie »

I love DVDpedia. But a minor enhancement would make it even better. I store my videos on a Sinology NAS and after cataloguing my title and getting the cover art, I populate the folder with the cover art by dragging it from DVDpedia onto the folder. The filename of the dragged file is <title>.jpg My NAS likes to see the name folder.jpg
Would it be possible to have an (external) setting to determine the filename of dragged cover art?

Thanks for your consideration!
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Filename of cover art

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the feedback. I'll look into adding a setting for this. Do you have the actual movie file linked in DVDpedia in the links section for the movie? I ask cause I am looking at a broader solution that will work with all the media centers that would actually update the folder with cover art as well as NFO file for the Media center to read.
renebonvanie
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Filename of cover art

Post by renebonvanie »

Hi Conor - I have not used that technique yet, although I think that would be a great use. I did try it out and it works well. Now I only have to put links in to my 2,800 films I digitized... I really appreciate you looking into this.

For reference, I use Synology as the backend. It manages information in a proprietary database through the Video Station application. Dragging directories with the name of the film onto a central directory creates the info. It does not use the folder.jpg file.
On the front end I use the Mede8er player. It creates a variety of files in each directory, including fan art etc. It uses the folder.jpg file for cover art.