Forum language Translations

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
FineWine
Site Admin

Forum language Translations

Post by FineWine »

It is great to see such a diverse world wide use of the Pedia's and therefore world wide diversity in the use of the forums.

Suggestion: would it be possible to have an English translation for foreign language questions & answers?

I choose English as this, i beleive, is the bulk of the forum members.
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Forum language Translations

Post by Conor »

I think the most important issues get touched upon in English. Nora and I also try to be good about writing in English when the answer would be helpful to a larger group of users. The latest question in German that might be the case, although its quite a specific issue with a smart collection and author names now being first last. But as a last resort Google always comes to the rescue with the translate feature.

The forum is also getting long on the tooth. There might be an update that will make all this easier as well as provide automatic translations as I have seen done now in some other more modern forums. But not a priority as migrating all this content and users is not an easy task.
FineWine
Site Admin

Re: Forum language Translations

Post by FineWine »

OK - thanks Conor

Yes I have used Google translate before if I can suss out what the topic may be. Automatic translation would be great but can understand the difficulty of back translation and would not really expect that unless it was a really important topic.

Cheers