Way to hide "Selling" and "Links" in Bookpedia

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
rstrolle
Inductee
Inductee

Way to hide "Selling" and "Links" in Bookpedia

Post by rstrolle »

Hi!
I was wondering if there was a way to hide selling and links in Bookpedia, as I use neither of these. It pops up both in editing an entry, as well as in the Window view in Details,which is the one I use. It would be much nicer if I could simply get rid of these two unused categories
Thanks
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Way to hide "Selling" and "Links" in Bookpedia

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the feedback. There is no way to hide the tabs in the editing window. But the Window view is a customizable template that could be changed to not have those two tabs.

If you control click on Bookpedia and use Show Package Contents and navigate to /Contents/Resources/InfoTemplates/en/Window.html and open it in a text editor for HTML you can remove the following bit of code that will remove the tabs:

Code: Select all

<a href="pedia://bruji.com/changeInfoTemplate=Window_TabSelling">
		<div class="individual">[translate:selling]</div>
	</a>

<a href="pedia://bruji.com/changeInfoTemplate=Window_TabLinks">
		<div class="individual" style="border-right: none;">[translate:links]</div>
	</a>

That will be enough to get the changes going, but any update of Bookpedia would overwrite it. So do make a copy of the Window.html file into your data folder in a folder called "InfoTempaltes". You might need to copy some images as well, if it uses any images into the same folder inside the images folder. You can copy the entire "Images" folder to make it easy.