Accessibility-problem in cd-pedia.

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
Michael1972
Inductee
Inductee

Accessibility-problem in cd-pedia.

Post by Michael1972 »

Hi to the forum, I'm new to cd-pedia and I'm using my mac and the software with the built-in screenreader voice-over on a mac with OS X 10.11 with the latest updates, because I'm completely blind. First of all, I'm very happy to give you the feedback that cd-pedia is very accessible for the most part. Good job! But there is one remaining problem: When adding cds, after having scanned them, the editing-window opens. The info-tab is in focus by default. But a sighted person told me that there are 2 additional tabs, in order to enter song-tittles manually, in case the disc isn't listed in the internet data-base. with voice-over it's impossible to access these tabs, because they aren't visible for voice-over. You can easily duplicate this by pressing cmd-f5 to activate voice-over. Then you can edit an entry of the collection. Navigating with ctrl-alt-arrow left and right keys, the navigation-keys for voice-over, brings you from left to right to the close- and zoom-buttons, typical for every mac-application and then to the scroll-area containing the disc-information. Every control of this window is accessible except the additional tabs including there contents. Could you please check and fix this in a future update?

Thanks in advance and best.

Michael
Nora
Site Admin

Re: Accessibility-problem in cd-pedia.

Post by Nora »

Hi Michael,

Thank you so much for the feedback on using CDpedia with accessibility. We try to make sure to use the standard controls and make sure that everything is connected to the responder loop, so that it can be found. Thank you for being so specifics on the issue, the tabs are indeed custom part of the program and I can verify how they are not part of the active field/button loops when activating voice over. We shall get that fixed.

In the meantime, since you are aware that the tabs are there I think you might be able to use command-[ and command-] to cycle through the tabs. Even better command-1, command-2, command-3 and command-4 will take you to a specific tab without having to worry what tab you are on. This way you don't miss out on the extra tabs while waiting for the update.

Kind regards,
Conor