ArtPedia

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
leraillez

ArtPedia

Post by leraillez »

Hello,

I showed my 'pedia software to a friend and he asked me if there was something equivalent for his collections (paintings, drawings, sculptures, furniture...) I know I can use the custom fields to do a bit, but it won't be enough. Is there a way to have a more "personalized" version with the ability to change some names?

TIA
Conor
Top Dog

Re: ArtPedia

Post by Conor »

Hi Tia,

Thanks for showing off the Pedias. :D

We have no general Pedia, it's something we do want to do or improve the current Pedias to be able to handle a bigger range of items. If you friend is willing to add all the information manually you can actually take advantage of the localization file (that translates the field into different language) and change it to change the built in field names. Letting you customize all the fields, you can't change their type. A date field has to stay a date field, but you can change the name.

Not something I can officially recommend as not how our software is meant to be used, but many do do it If this is something your friend would like to try on the demo version that allows 25 items, they can let me know and I can let you know how to do that.

Here is a post about translations that lets you know where the file is. It basically comes down to changing the names on the right side of the file RealTitles.string that is inside the program.

Regards,
Conor