Sub sorts

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
Skylamar

Sub sorts

Post by Skylamar »

Hi. I just bought Bookpedia tonight. I had been using Delicious Library 2, though I don't use it that often.

I've just decided to reorganize all my physical books. I'm planning to organize them by genre and then by author's name within each genre -- which brings me to my feature request:

I would love to be able to do sub-sorts in Bookpedia. So for instance, as I mentioned above, sort my books by Genre and then by Author but keep Genre as the master sort and have Author be a secondary sort.

If that's already possible, please let me know.

Currently it seems that Bookpedia doesn't do sub sorts, so when I sort by Genre and then by Author, my books are only sorted by Author.

But, for my purposes of rearranging my physical books, Bookpedia would help me a lot with a sub sort. I could reference my Bookpedia database when organizing my physical books.

Thanks!
Nora
Site Admin

Re: Sub sorts

Post by Nora »

You can subsort your columns up to 6 columns deep. Check out this post or this part of the Help for more details.

All new users go on a moderating queue to filter spam, hence why you did not see your original post right away. I apologize for that delay, but lets us know that everybody on the forum is a true Bruji enthusiast.
Skylamar

Post by Skylamar »

Great, thanks!

One related question: the Author sort seems to sort authors by first name. Is there a way to sort them by last name? Ideally, I want them sorted by last name.

Thanks!
FineWine
Site Admin

Post by FineWine »

Skylamar wrote:Great, thanks!

One related question: the Author sort seems to sort authors by first name. Is there a way to sort them by last name? Ideally, I want them sorted by last name.

Thanks!
Please read the second link that Nora provided
Nora wrote: or this part of the Help for more details.
Skylamar

Post by Skylamar »

Thanks again! Sorry I didn’t read everything before. Bookpedia really is great. I am going to trash Delicious Library now.
rony albert

Post by rony albert »

Skylamar wrote:Thanks again! Sorry I didn’t read everything before. Bookpedia really is great. I am going to trash Delicious Library now.Disease
Drugs
That sounds good. No doubt Bookpedia is fantastic !