Collection-pedia

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
wbergner

Collection-pedia

Post by wbergner »

Hallo,

I am looking for a pedia which can hold my collection records. It should have a simple and general structure so that you can enter basically everything: stamps, paperweights, bear cans etc. important is to have the usual tracking data (name, description, genre, dates, price, comment) and the option to add pictures and links.

just wondering if this is on your roadmap...
Midori
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by Midori »

If you do this for teadybaer, I'll buy it, even before my dad buys an Apple.... :D

Midori ^^;
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

We've actually had this request before - apparently people like collecting things. :) We might put out a general, blank Pedia at some point which would be more of a 'pretty spreadsheet' idea really but right now we have our plate full with the four Pedias so I can't tell you when or if exactly this will happen.
But thanks for bringing it up - it's always good to know what users are looking for.

Nora
divinenanny
Contributor
Contributor

Post by divinenanny »

Collection-pedia is exactly what I am looking for. Count me in as another buyer! I would even love to help set it up (no programming experience, but I do have collection registration experience in museums and private collections ranging from art to "regular" collections).

Sara (Netherlands)
ebh
Contributor
Contributor

I Agree

Post by ebh »

This is a great idea. Collectipedia would be perfect: coins, stamps, and baseball cards in my case.
iBoy
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by iBoy »

My mum has collected more than 500 different egg cups. It is hopeless to buy her new ones, because we never know if she already has it. A library with pictures of all her egg cups uploaded to the Internet is exactly what she needs! :wink:
divinenanny
Contributor
Contributor

Post by divinenanny »

Any news on the possibility of a blank-pedia? I still want this very badly (having Windows through Parallels just for a collection database is not fun, or ideal)
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

It's still on our minds, yes. We're still busy with the Pedias but I think we've come to the conclusion that we're always going to be busy with them so we'll probably just have to jump into a new project like Blankpedia and see what happens. :)
divinenanny
Contributor
Contributor

Post by divinenanny »

Woohoo :D
ktravers
Inductee
Inductee

got my vote! :)

Post by ktravers »

I love the pedias... I would love to have a blank one! Comics and and such.
Plus I'd love to have a pedia pedia... if you know what I mean. :)

thanks!
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

When we reach the Pediapedia stage then we might have gone a little overboard... :)